Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken
Although this chicken is baked, it could be mistaken for fried. Crispy Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken is a chicken breast recipe that's easy to make and . If you're a fan of honey mustard, you'll love this recipe. Chicken breasts are coated with honey mustard sauce and crusted with pretzels. The pretzels stay crunchy and the chicken bakes to perfectly moist and tender. This might just be your new favorite go-to chicken recipe.
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup pretzels
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown spicy mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour, plus more if needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray jelly roll pan or pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large over medium heat toast the panko crumbs until lightly golden, stirring constantly. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- In a processor pulse the pretzels until coarsely ground (small crumbs with some small pretzel pieces) then add them to a medium bowl and mix with the panko crumbs.
- Wipe out the food processor and add the oil, mustard, honey, and water and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to .
- Pound the chicken breasts out to an even thickness using a mallet.
- Pour half of the dressing into a large shallow bowl or dish, put the flour on a large plate and add half the pretzel mixture to a large, shallow bowl or dish (add the remaining half pretzel crumbs to the dish as needed).
- Dredge the chicken in the flour then into the dressing, allowing excess to drip off, then into the pretzel crumbs. Press gently on breasts to help brumes adhere. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 16 - 25 minutes depending on their thickness/size or until cooked through.
- Let the chicken sit 5 minutes before serving with the remaining honey mustard dressing